The role of the Residential Support Technician at Serve City is to work closely with our residents (“Neighbors”) to provide a safe, healthy and supportive environment for them to thrive. Serve City provides our employees with several benefits including but not limited to a generous PTO bank, several paid holidays, on-site free lunches and dinners, access to our food pantry, and other networking resources. The role of the Residential Support Technician includes but is not limited to the following:
- Giving direction to residents in a way that helps them stay in compliance with the Agency rules and make the most of their time at Serve City to accomplish their goals and treatment plans.
- Supervising chores, tasks, announcements and daily duties of the residents.
- Assist with supervising mealtimes and any preparation of premade meals on days where community meals are not provided.
- Assist new individuals with the intake process by providing a safe and welcoming environment when they arrive for shelter.
- Assist with scheduling, documentation, and reminders of appointments for residents.
- Perform safety and compliance walk throughs of the facility to ensure resident well being and support.
- Provide assistance, if needed, with individual and facility laundry.
- Deescalating anxiety and stress and creating an atmosphere of peace, support and encouragement.
- Fully and properly completing all paperwork required for compliance and proper support.
- Spending any “down-time” working on making the work place more organized, efficient and clean.
- Complete daily sanitation and cleaning duties, as required.
- Participate in our team evaluation and discharge processes when it comes to non-compliant resident behavior.
- Administer drug tests, temperature checks, and health screenings as needed.
- Communicate with fellow team members for a smooth and consistent transition of shift leadership.
- Attend all required meetings, trainings and events pertaining to the role as the Residential Support Technician.
- Work with outside agencies and individuals who donate and volunteers as needed.
- Report any critical situations to the Residential Director.
- Dependability - This includes being at work on time for each shift and staying until the shift is finished. Being alcohol and drug-free is a requirement for this job.
- Problem Solving – The ability to see a problem or a system that is not functioning at maximum effectiveness and develop a solution that works while maintaining fiscal accountability.
- Partnership/Relationship Management – The ability to build long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with residents, partner organizations and service providers.
- Show good judgment in all situations - This includes your interactions with all listed below.
- A positive representation of Serve City and all Serve City ministries
- Residential Director – Direct Report
- Executive Director
- Partner Agencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good relational skills