Build, fabricate, wire, test, troubleshoot, pack, and install customer specific robotic automation systems. Must safely maintain current and new equipment as necessary.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practice safety while maintaining a clean and organized work area.
- Interface with customers and other departmental employees within the organization.
- Coordinate directly with purchasing, engineering, sales, and shipping in order to meet customer requirements. Coordinate packing requirements and ensure quality materials are utilized in the manufacture of robotic systems.
- Read and interpret electrical/mechanical drawings in order to layout and build system assemblies and subassemblies.
- Responsible for system installation such as pulling and wiring devices, running conduit and/or sealtite, and ensuring motors and sensors work properly.
- Perform mechanic skills, including, but not limited to, electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of parts and equipment.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make necessary adjustments.
- Fabricate and/or modify parts through the use of a mill, lathe, or welder.
- Check tolerances of parts to verify drawing compliance.
- Safe operation and maintenance of a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment such as a welder, mill, lathe, drill press, forklift, and crane.
- Travel to customer facilities, follow their safety requirements, in order to install, troubleshoot, and/or repair installed equipment. Per customer policy, random drug/alcohol testing will be required. Travel requirement is approximately 30%-50% with overnight stays consisting from 2 days to 2-weeks at a time.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure organizational success and customer satisfaction.
High School Diploma, Associate’s Degree in Related Field is preferred
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prefer 2+ years of experience in robotic automation.
- Must show an understanding of computer skills and math skills such as the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical drawings.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work any shift (as needed) and overtime as required to meet customer deadlines.
- Prefer experience with some of the following equipment/programming:
- Drill press
- Crane operation
- General knowledge of industrial customer service.
- Up-to-date professional and technical knowledge.
- Understanding of RIA Robot Safety Standards, OSHA Safety Standards, and NFPA 79 standards.
- Ability to prioritize assignments.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a manufacturing setting where certain conditions require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection. Temperature of the work environment may be affected by outside temperatures and machining at customer facilities. Duties may require occasional exposure to various hazardous materials such as, but not limited to grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner, etc.
Standing, sitting, walking, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, and use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and to reach with hands and arms can be expected along with lifting and/or moving up to 40 pounds or with other means of transferring tooling, parts, containers, and raw materials. Vision requirements include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires work in a manufacturing setting and does involve travel to customer sites. Must be willing to travel up to 30- 50% depending on work requirements.