Production workers perform tasks involved in the production of customer's products via straight line sewing on an industrial sewing machine. Must follow standard work instructions and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
SHIFT: 1st shift - flex time
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs work as assigned by production supervisor.
• Assembles the materials to produce sub-assemblies or finished product from raw materials.
• Track production on schedule boards.
• Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• Reliable attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
• Performs other related duties and assignments as needed and assigned by plant manager.
SKILL SET SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Operate a sewing machine to assemble products using straight line sewing and adding items such a zipper or a welt. Basic math skills required: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Not required to have a degree with this position, experience preferred but not mandatory. Will train on operation of equipment.