The City of Wyoming is seeking candidates to fill up to 5 seasonal maintenance worker positions in our Public Works Department for the 2023 spring/summer/fall season, working Monday thru Friday, 7 am to 4 pm. Schedule can be flexible depending on successful candidate’s needs.
Primary functions include but are not limited to primarily outdoor work performing basic labor tasks and a variety of duties to include but not limited to:
- Mowing and trimming;
- Street maintenance;
- Athletic field maintenance;
- Watering flowers;
- Collecting and disposing of solid waste from City facilities and grounds;
- Picking up litter as necessary;
- Leaf collection;
- Performing custodial work as required and assigned including but not limited to changing light bulbs and fluorescent tubes, cleaning floors, cleaning and sanitizing restrooms, cleaning snow and ice from walkways and access points to City facilities;
- Other similar work as assigned.
- Successful candidates must be able to operate various landscaping equipment such as mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Possess a valid state drivers license that must be maintained throughout employment;
- Ability and willingness to perform all primary functions listed above and other duties as assigned;
- Ability and wiliness to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability and willingness to follow directions and communicate effectively with others;
- Ability and willingness to move around the job site and from one job site to another;
- Ability and willingness to lift and carry or move up to 50 lbs. such as bags of Sakrete concrete mix, load and unload them from a truck bed and carry or move them to a work site which may be inside a trench or other excavation;
- Ability and willingness to respond quickly to sounds to avoid an unsafe situation like a sudden failure of a tree;
- Ability and willingness to move safely on uneven, steep, and/or irregular terrain while working on things such as in and around excavations;
- Ability and willingness to wear personal protective gear for extended period of times as needed such as safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and chaps;
- Ability and willingness to ascend and descend ladders, scaffolds, and stairs during routine operations, to climb in and out of trucks and onto and off of mowing equipment on a daily basis;
- Ability and willingness to stoop, squat, kneel, twist, or position self as such to perform job related tasks as outlined above;
- Ability and willingness to remain in a stationary position for hours including during snow removal and mowing grass;
- Possess visual acuity near and far;
- Ability and willingness to reach, grip, push, pull on a daily basis performing variety of tasks;
- Must be willing and able to work in heavy traffic, to work in adverse weather conditions as required, and to work in an environment that is sometimes noisy and dusty;
- Successful passage of oral interview, drug screen, and background investigation
Pay and Fringe Benefits:
Pay range is $10.10 to $15.00 per hour depending on skills, qualifications, and experience. Seasonal workers are eligible for a free individual recreation membership.
Interested candidates must complete and submit a City of Wyoming employment application available at https://wyomingohio.gov/human-resources-department/employment-application/ or can be picked up at the City Building, 800 Oak Avenue. The job description for this position is available on the website also. Applications can be returned to Rob Nicolls, Public Works Director, 800 Oak Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45215 or to email@example.com with “Seasonal Worker” in the subject line. Applications accepted until positions filled and will be considered on a first come-first served basis.
The City of Wyoming is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage diversity in our workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.