- Proactively engages with customers to address issues in order to quickly diffuse situations and minimize disruption.
- Prevents loss and damage by reporting irregularities.
- Discusses infractions or violations with customers, assesses appropriate actions, and escorts customers from premises if necessary.
- Circulates among visitors, customers, and employees to preserve order and protect property while ensuring a positive customer experience. Greets customers, answers directional questions and escorts customers with disabilities.
- Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Makes clock rounds during closed and open hours, examining doors, windows and gates and monitoring for potential facility problems.
- Monitors and authorizes entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Maintains environment by monitoring and setting building and equipment controls.
- Responds quickly to requests for security presence during unusual incidents (e.g. assisting staff in deescalating situations with customers, being a presence in the event of threats against staff, assisting HR with internal manners, etc.).
- Testifies in court proceedings.
- Is responsible for responding to after-hours situations when scheduled.
- Answers phone and logs incoming calls.
- Receives and communicates work orders to Facilities Services.
- Responsible for signing out keys, pagers and radios.
- Monitors closed circuit television (CCTV) and fire detection systems.
- Writes reports of daily activities, irregularities, and surveillance activities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences; interviewing witnesses; obtaining signatures.
- Utilizes e-mail, voicemail, and other computer applications and Library equipment, maintains current knowledge of Library policies, procedures and processes.
- Makes routine and emergency announcements and obtains help by sounding alarms.
- Calls police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Escorts or drives motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations.
- Regular, punctual and reliable attendance is required.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to proactively diffuse and deescalate situations.
• Excellent written communication skills and the ability to prepare meaningful, concise and accurate reports.
• Knowledge of loss prevention and life safety issues.
• Knowledge of fire and security systems.
• Knowledge of legal, fire and safety codes.
• Ability to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to keep information confidential.
• Ability to work in a changing environment.
• Must possess excellent observation skills, focus, and attention to detail in order to identify threats quickly.
• Excellent interpersonal skills (professional, friendly, helpful) including building and enhancing diverse relationships.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
Must be able to work one of the schedules listed below:
Sunday Regular Day Off;
Monday 12:00 AM – 7:00 AM
Tuesday 12:00 AM – 7:00 AM
Wednesday Regular Day Off
Thursday 3:30 PM – 12:00 AM
Friday 3:30 PM – 12:00 AM
Saturday 3:30 PM – 12:00 AM
Sunday 12:45pm– 5:15pm
Monday 12:45pm – 9:15pm
Tuesday Regular Day Off
Wednesday Regular Day Off
Thursday 8:45am – 6:15pm
Friday 8:45am – 6:15pm
Saturday 8:45am – 6:15pm
How to Apply
DEADLINE: Until Filled
Interested candidates should submit their resume and internal application to:
www.cincinnatilibrary.org Go to About Us. Working at the Library.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer