The Service Technician is responsible for all preventative maintenance and repairs of machine tools, machines, robots, and production equipment. They diagnose issues, tear down, repair, and re-assemble intricate mechanisms and machinery including robots. A successful Service Technician will train and obtain a Fanuc Certified Service Engineer Certification.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair, alter, and overhaul machine tools, machines, robots, and production equipment. This includes diagnoses of issues, tear down, repair, and re-assembly. Hand scrape and spot cylindrical, flat, angular, and special bearing surfaces of all kinds. Check alignments and make necessary adjustments. Repair parts, order parts, and/or fabricate replacement parts.
- Responsible for all preventative maintenance and upkeep on newer and older model robots at customer sites.
- Takes service calls from customers to perform necessary maintenance.
- Document and complete service reports for all maintenance performed.
- Assist Production Technicians in fabrication, assembly, wiring, testing, troubleshooting, disassembly, packing, and installing customer specific robotic automation systems.
- Travel to customer sites regularly and occasionally outside of normal business hours and it will require overnight trips. Travel may also be required to attend meetings, trade shows, and training.
- Develop necessary tool and jig maintenance procedures to constantly improve quality of services.
- Consider ways to improve effectiveness of work and eliminate overstrain and waste.
- Minimize loss and expenses in the service process.
- Travel to customer facilities, follow their safety requirements, in order to perform preventive maintenance, troubleshoot, or repair robots. Per customer policy, random drug/alcohol testing will be required. Travel requirement is approximately 50%-75% with overnight stays, weekend, and holiday work hours.
- Coordinate and assist the sales department with quoting and invoicing.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure organizational success and customer satisfaction.
High School Diploma
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Good dexterity and facility in use of a wide variety of hand tools.
- Understanding of computer skills and math skills such as the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure. Ability to view and use drawings in 3D CAD software.
- Ability to read mechanical / electrical drawings, diagrams, and schematics in order to repair, maintain, or troubleshoot automation machinery and robots is a plus.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must take the initiative to continuously improve skills through internal and external training.
- Willingness to work any shift (as needed) and overtime as required to meet customer deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience or ability to acquire skills with the following equipment/programming:
- Fanuc Controls
- Drill press
- Crane operation
- Microsoft Office
- General knowledge of industrial customer service
- Up-to-date professional and technical knowledge
- Understanding of RIA Robot Safety Standards, OSHA Safety Standards, and NFPA 79 standards
- Able to prioritize assignments.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be in a manufacturing setting where certain conditions require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and hearing protection. Temperature of the work environment may be affected by outside temperatures and machining at customer facilities. Duties may require occasional exposure to various hazardous materials such as, but not limited to grease, oils, lubricants, paint, thinner, parts cleaner, etc.
Standing, sitting, walking, stooping, squatting, kneeling, crawling, and use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and to reach with hands and arms can be expected along with lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds or with other means of transferring tooling, parts, containers, and raw materials. Vision requirements include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires work in a manufacturing setting and does involve travel to customer sites resulting in approximately 50-75% travel.