The main purpose of this position is responsible for the timely shipment and receipts of materials to customers and from vendors. In addition, position will support raw material movement and inventory controls.
- Compare identifying information and count, weigh, or measure items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Read pick lists or shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed; determine method of shipment and contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for loading products
- Prepare shipped items according to shipping and packing standards established by design engineering; work as a team to establish new or improved methods and standards• Affix shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons•
- Assemble wooden or cardboard containers or select preassembled containers
- Insert item or equipment into containers, nail/screw covers on wooden crates, and bind containers with metal tape; skilled use of hand power tools is required
- Weigh product for shipping charges, and affix postage
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications
- Unpack and examine incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper to rectify damages and shortages
- Route items to departments
- Maintain inventory of shipping and receiving materials and supplies
- Operate forklift or use hand truck to move convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform or area to storage / work area, and to load equipment
- Prepare and maintain shipping / receiving records and logs
- Keep shipping / receiving area clean and free of safety and health hazards
Working knowledge of computers and proficiency with software applications including Microsoft Office
Possesses excellent communication and organization skills.
Able to become certified forklift operator
Must be able to walk or stand entire shift
Good eye hand coordination
How to Apply
Please call 513-753-9675 for interview appointment.