The City of Blue Ash is seeking enthusiastic team members to assist with City of Blue Ash summer special events
The Events Assistant position is a Seasonal, Part-Time position with an average of 25 hours per week from May-September. Flexible schedule required. Many events and rentals require evening and weekend support.
Serve as an active member of the Programming and Events Team, including staffing special events and facility rentals. Special Events include but are not be limited to:
- Blue Ash Farmers Market
- Summer Concert Series
- Free Fitness Series at Summit Park
- Annual Fourth of July event
- Summit Cinema movies on the Great Lawn
Make a difference in the community! As a Community Builder—an employee with the City of Blue Ash— you will have a direct hand in building and improving the community and making a visible impact on the lives of residents and patrons. Working for local government is more than a job, it’s a chance to contribute to community success and to help enhance the Blue Ash way of life.
Additional benefits this position enjoys include paid on-site training; opportunities for leadership advancement and merit-increases for those who excel; contributions to the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course and Sandtrap Grill Restaurant.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist in staffing special events hosted by the City of Blue Ash
- Assist in staffing events hosted by organizations other than the City of Blue Ash, by serving as a city representative during the event and for set up and tear-down
- Provide great customer service at events as a City representative
- Enthusiastic personality interested in providing exemplary customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to add to a cohesive and supportive team environment around like-minded, positive and creative team members.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand/and or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift. Must be able to lift/exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Candidates must be able to accommodate a fluctuating schedule and capable of working evenings and weekends.
- Successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.