- Provides protection and safety for our guests and the exhibits*
- Maintains a hospitable, engaging and credible educational experience for our guests*
- Interprets exhibit content, objects and specimens utilized in museum programming in an engaging and credible way*
- Assists visitors with interactive activities
- Assist with proper open and close of exhibition as necessary
- Assist with exhibit maintenance and cleaning as necessary
- Attend content training sessions as appropriate
- Ongoing training and furthering of local and organizational knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
Must possess High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum Associate’s Degree or working toward a Bachelor’s degree in history, science, education, or equivalent preferred.
Previous experience in museums or non-traditional education settings a plus.
Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, holidays, evenings, and weekends
Teaching, instructional, or theatrical experience helpful
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Excellent public relations and verbal communication skills are required
Versatile, enthusiastic and creative
Ability to work and interact with a diverse visitors of all ages and learning styles
Ability to communicate with other staff and volunteers through oral and written communications in an understandable and pleasant manner in order to develop and maintain working relationships with peers
Due to the rotating nature of Special Exhibits, it is necessary for the Special Exhibits Specialist to be highly flexible and adaptable to the changing requirements of various exhibits.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://goo.gl/8Dqbix