Job ID: 5357 - AFSCME - FT (Hourly)
Assists in activities related to maintaining the safe and efficient operation of the steam plant.
- Monitors operations; monitors and records functions status and conditions; makes any necessary adjustments; handles emergency situations.
- Oversees staff; establishes schedules and assigns tasks; serves as informational resource.
- Fills out and maintains records of all EPA required forms; fills out and maintains work logs.
- Fires up, shuts down, and operates boilers and other auxiliary machinery.
- May research cost and availability of items; may make purchasing decisions.
- May assist with the removal and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Performs routine maintenance on boilers; makes any necessary repairs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics
- Knowledge of steam plant and boiler operations
- Knowledge of computer
- Basic mechanical skills
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of material weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. Some exposure to several unpleasant elements which are particularly disagreeable and could involve some health hazards and personal risk.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
Requires nine months training in high pressure steam plant operations, a 3rd Class Stationary Engineer's License, and three years related experience. An equivalent combination may be substituted for education and experience requirements.
How to Apply