Cares for residents under direction of nursing and medical staff, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Assist with or provide basic care needs: dressing, grooming, hair care, oral care, nail care, skin care, bathing (including bed baths, tub baths, showers, and whirlpool baths), answering call lights and delivering messages, care of residents’ property.
- Assist with ambulation: getting in and out of bed, transfer techniques, walking with/without assistive devices, use wheelchairs, Geri chairs, and use of orthopedic appliances.
- Assist with or provide environmental needs: making beds, changing linens as necessary, tidy dressers, bedside tables, closets, and other furniture, clean and maintain orderly utility rooms, linen closets, and storage cabinets, collect, bag, and transport soiled lined to designate area, and reporting any items in need of repair
- Assist with or provide basic toileting care including ambulation to bathroom, use of bedpan, urinal, or bedside commode, bowel and/or bladder training, care of incontinent episodes and providing perinea care. Measuring and recording urinary output, B.M.’s, emesis, drainage, and any abnormal signs etc. to the charge nurse.
- Assist with or provide preventative care including but not limited to decubitus ulcers and contractures. Provide mental and physical stimulation to prevent disorders due to sensory deprivation.
- Provide resident care through obtaining temperatures, pulses, respirations, blood pressures, weights, collecting specimens of urine, feces, vomitus, sputum, applying restraints and non restrictive devices, carrying out postmortem care, carrying out isolation techniques and procedures. Record information pertinent to resident care (meal points, snacks, BMs, vitals, etc.).
- Document resident information in Care Tracker
- Will be required to perform tasks utilizing Universal Precautions.
- Perform other duties as need arises and/or assigned.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
State Tested Nursing Assistant or,
Unexpired Certificate of Nurse Aide Training & Competency from an accredited school of nurse aide training (must be STNA within four months of date of hire)