The Shepherd Color Company is known as a leader in the color industry with the continuous improvement of technical applications and a history of innovation. Shepherd Color pigments are highly engineered ceramic colorants. They are impervious to sunlight, chemicals, and thermal attack. Our products can be found everywhere, from the non-stick surface of your favorite cookware to adding color and IR reflectivity to roofing and siding to help keep buildings cool.
We are a company of people who brighten the lives of those on whom our work has an impact, specifically, each other, our families, our customers, our suppliers, our shareholders, and our community. In turn, our lives are brightened.
We are seeking motivated and qualified individuals for Summer work on the production floor taking responsibility for the operation of unloading and loading kilns, while working in a team focused setting. We expect all our production staff to perform work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
Note: Typical hours will fall Sunday-Saturday from 7am-3:30pm; with a bi weekly rotation of 3 working days one week and 4 working days the next
This represents a non-exempt hourly position. Pay starts at $19.72/hr.
Our Summer Production Trainees keep the manufacturing floor moving. You will be part of the team creating quality products to deliver to our customers.
We are a tobacco-free environment and expect our employees to also be tobacco-free. A background check and drug/nicotine check are required for all qualified candidates.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Loading and unloading kilns
- Completing necessary reports
- Following rules and procedures
- Working effectively with other members of the team
- Performing other tasks as required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must wear a respirator
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must adhere to all safety requirements for the position
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend, reach, twist, with loads for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Our manufacturing environment follows the outside temperature. During the summer months, the indoor temperature may surpass 100o F. In the winter, the temperature may also drop to around freezing temperatures. We provide necessary uniforms, safety glasses, gloves, jackets, etc. as needed to perform your job safely.
- Must be able to lift, bend, reach and twist with loads for long periods. Generally, lifting required will be from 15 - 55 lbs., but may infrequently exceed 100 lbs. Drums may need to be rolled, generally weighing from 100 to 350 lbs. but occasionally exceeding 400 lbs.
- Must pass vision and color/sight test
- Must possess proper hand-eye coordination
The Shepherd Material Science Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.