The Summer Special Events Assistant position is a Seasonal Part-Time position with an average of 25 hours per week from May-September. Flexible schedule required. Many events and rentals require evening and weekend support.
Serve as an active member of the Programming and Events Team, including staffing special events and facility rentals. Special Events include but are not be limited to:
- Summer Concert Series
- Free Fitness Series at Summit Park
- Annual Fourth of July event
- Cincinnati Opera Summer at Summit activities
- Summit Cinema movies on the Great Lawn
Additional benefits this position enjoys include paid on-site training; opportunities for leadership advancement and merit-increases for those who excel; contributions to the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, and Sandtrap Grill Restaurant.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist in staffing special events hosted by the City of Blue Ash
- Assist in staffing events hosted by organizations other than the City of Blue Ash, by serving as a city representative during the event as well as for set up and tear-down.
- Staffing, room set-up and tear down for event room rentals at Summit Park
- Enthusiastic personality interested in providing exemplary customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to add to a cohesive and supportive team environment around like-minded, positive and creative team members.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stand/and or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift. Must be able to lift/exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Candidates must be able to accommodate a fluctuating schedule and capable of working evenings and weekends.
- Successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com.