The City of Blue Ash Park Maintenance Department is one of the leaders in municipal green space care and maintains some of the most impactful landscapes in the region. We are seeking a candidate to help maintain one of the region’s most loved parks. This candidate will be responsible for helping to maintain and care for 130 acres of landscape, turf and hard surfaces.
Candidates for this position need to possess the ability or are able to be trained to operate various landscaping equipment such as mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc.
Candidates will work with and manage a small part-time staff responsible for the maintenance of Summit Park including general maintenance, landscape, turf and horticultural care.
• Ability to add to a cohesive and supportive team environment around like-minded, positive and enthusiastic team members in beautiful park settings.
• Ability to work independently and complete multiple tasks at prescribed standards.
• Ability to thoroughly complete tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
• Ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand and/or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift.
• Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check.
• Must be able to lift/exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
• Candidates for this position need to possess the ability or are able to be trained to operate various landscaping equipment such as mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc.
Candidates will be available to work weekends, holidays and special events.
This position is Part-Time Permanent and will enjoy paid, on-site training; contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sandtrap Grill and Blue Ash Café.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
You may apply and view current openings by visiting our employment opportunities web page at:
Click on "How Do I"
Click on "Employment"
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.