The City of Blue Ash is seeking an enthusiastic team member to assist with events and programming.
The Events and Programming Assistant position is a Part-Time Permanent position with an average of 25-30 hours per week year round. Many events and rentals require evening and weekend support.
Additional benefits this position enjoys will be paid on-site training; opportunities for leadership advancement and merit-increases for those who excel; contributions to the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, and the Sandtrap Grill Restaurant.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Serve as an active member of the Programming and Events Team, including working large annual events, as well as smaller events. Work events/programs including nights and weekends.
- Coordinate programming activities taking place at Summit Park, Blue Ash, including, but not limited to the Summit Park Free Fitness Programs.
- Regular phone calls, emails and other communication with community partners, vendors, instructors, and community members. Handling contracts, scheduling and invoicing for programs at Summit Park.
- Serve as a City representative during Partner Events, including set up and tear-down of the events.
- Coordination of Summit Park Rental Team, responsible for rental check in and check out for room rentals at Summit Park.
- Enthusiastic personality interested in providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to add to a cohesive and supportive team environment around like-minded, positive and enthusiastic team members.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Willingness to learn new things and ability to think creatively. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software, including internal Point of Sale and Scheduling Software
- Ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time. Ability to stand /and or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift.
- Must be able to lift/exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.