The City of Blue Ash Parks and Recreation Department is seeking an enthusiastic and community driven Summit Park Program and Events Manager to join our team.
Summit Park, located in the center of Blue Ash, is a beautiful, 130-acre world-class park that provides exciting, year-round events, activities, and unique learning opportunities. The Summit Park Program and Events Manager is a full time position reporting directly to the General Manager of Programs and Events for the City of Blue Ash. This position performs a variety of skilled supervisory and planning tasks designed to grow opportunities at Summit Park and for the City. This position is responsible for developing, planning and implementing year-round recreational programs and events at Summit Park. The Summit Park Program and Events Manager is as an active member of the citywide Programming and Events team.
This position is Full-Time and will enjoy contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course and Sandtrap Grill.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: With a focus on creating a hub of activity at Summit Park, the Summit Park Program and Events Manager is responsible for year round programming within the park, and continuing to develop strong relationships with all City departments. The Summit Park Team supports contractual use of Summit Park amenities including the Great Lawn, Community Rooms and other spaces. In addition, this is a key role in large-scale community events, including Red White and Blue Ash, the City’s largest signature event.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- A combination of education, experience and training may be applied,
- Degree in Parks and Recreation or related field preferred.
- At least three years of professional experience
- Experience planning or working with large scale outdoor events
- Budget planning and management experience
- Knowledge of recreation and special event planning process, program delivery and evaluation
- At least one year of supervisory experience
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Successful Candidates Will Have the Following Characteristics:
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude, with a focus on building strong partnerships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible schedule as this role requires some evenings and weekends
- Fast learner who is a flexible and independent thinker
- Organizational skills and ability to think through event logistics
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to perform routine daily tasks, requiring close attention to detail and understanding from a broader higher-level perspective. Also able to prioritize and follow through to deliver results on time.
- Works effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions in a shared office space with a variety of activities around you
- Ability to work with contracts and negotiations
- Strong team player and willingness to take on varying roles
- Willingness to develop and lead a Summit Park Team
This position supervises a mix of part-time and seasonal employees, and must work closely with departments across the City of Blue Ash.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to move or travel to various work locations, remain in a stationary position, and move weights up to 30 pounds. In addition, the ability to work in a cold/hot environment with proper protection for sustained periods and the ability to perform moderate physical actions while training and working may be required. Reasonable accommodation will be made for known physical limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com. Apply prior to the closing date/time of the job announcement and allow at least one hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. A resume and cover letter are required. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.