The City of Blue Ash is seeking an enthusiastic team member to coordinate the Blue Ash Farmers Market and Summit Park Fitness Series. This position is incredibly rewarding, fun and advocates for a healthy lifestyle. The Farmers Market and Fitness Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of coordinating the Wednesday Farmers Market and the weekly Free Fitness Series at Summit Park in Blue Ash.
The Summit Park Farmers Market and Fitness Coordinator position is a Part-Time Permanent position with an average of 25-30 hours per week year round. This position requires evening and weekend hours.
Make a difference in the community! As a Community Builder—an employee with the City of Blue Ash— you will have a direct hand in building and improving the community and making a visible impact on the lives of residents and patrons. Working for local government is more than a job, it’s a chance to contribute to community success and to help enhance the Blue Ash way of life.
Additional benefits this position enjoys are on-site training; opportunities for leadership advancement and merit-increases for those who excel; contributions to the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, and Sand Trap Grill Restaurant.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Serve as an active member of the Programming and Events Team, supporting special events/programs such as Red, White & Blue Ash, Summit Park partnered events, Summit Cinema, Summer Concert Series, and other community events, as needed. This may include weekends and nights.
- Plan and be the on-site coordinator for the Wednesday Farmers Markets and the Free Fitness Series at Summit Park.
- Coordinate event logistics and manage correspondence including: Vendor applications, vendor contracts, roster of vendors, partnerships, timelines, entertainment bookings, vendor location, event setup
- Collect contract fees from the Farmers Market Vendors and maintain accurate records of Fitness contractor payments.
- Lead efforts to bring in demonstrations, educational programming, workshops and other event additions into the events to foster community engagement
- Regular phone calls, emails and other communication with community partners, vendors, instructors, and community members. Handling contracts, scheduling and invoicing for programs at Summit Park.
- Serve as a City representative during some Partner Events, including set up and tear-down of the events.
- Enthusiastic personality interested in providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to add to a cohesive and supportive team environment around like-minded, positive and enthusiastic team members.
- Being a self-starter and having the ability to both take direction and take the lead when needed is a vital skill for this position.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Willingness to learn new things and ability to think creatively. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
- The ability to follow oral and written instructions; Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Software, email and web searches.
- Experience with program coordination, event planning, and community engagement.
- Ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time. Ability to stand /and or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift.
- Must be able to lift/exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.