We have a great opportunity for an Instrumentation and Controls Technician to join our Maintenance team. This hands-on position will be located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Your primary responsibility will be to maintain and repair all instruments and control systems for Michelman. When not directly working with instruments and control systems, you will support the Maintenance Technicians by safely installing, maintaining, and repairing equipment around our facilities.
- Work safely at all times and familiar with common safety standards relevant in industry, including but not limited to, Lock Out Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, and NFPA70E
- Read, understand, and interpret engineering documentation (schematics, logic diagrams, specifications and manuals) related to electrical, instrumentation and controls installations commonly encountered in a manufacturing environment
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical and controls devices commonly encountered in a manufacturing environment including, motors, variable frequency drives, and starters, up to and including, 480V
- Field instrumentation including actuated valves, transmitters and switches
- Control systems including PLCs and its' system components including I/O, network switches, and power supplies
- Maintain and calibrate personal and fixed gas monitors used throughout the plant
- Support project pre-commissioning and commissioning activities as they relate to new electrical and controls systems
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on electrical and controls systems in the plant to ensure high reliability of our systems
- Calibrate instrumentation to internal standards to ensure compliance with all ISO requirements
- Develop spare parts lists and requirements for electrical and control systems
- Make minor changes and modifications to existing PLC logic and HMI screens
- Utilize the computerized maintenance management system to establish, track and document both preventative and reactive maintenance activities
- Support other maintenance team members, activities, and initiatives, fostering a collaborative environment within the department
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members and support upskilling of others in the department
- Participate as a member of various process improvement teams; support the safety committee functions
- Provide technical input and support to capital projects
- Maintain a high level of focus on the importance of internal and external customers throughout the organization
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs during each shift
- Maintain accurate records and data
- Climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time, and safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to perform equipment maintenance tasks that may require bending, stooping, or laying down
- Able to safely work at heights, including operating aerial lifts, climbing stairs and ladders, both fixed and portable
- Able to use full range of motion with arms, hands and fingers to reach, grasp, hold, push/pull, twist, and work with tools
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time, including, but not limited to safety glasses, safety shoes, respirators, and harnesses
- Able to safely operate a forklift
- Able to work outside when required
Critical Competencies, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and experience with personal/process control computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC) and networking devices.
- Knowledge and experience in electrical maintenance and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with all aspects of NFPA 70, including 70E, and 70B
- Experience utilizing a CMMS (Computerized maintenance management software) for task documentation
- Knowledge of Lockout Tagout (LOTO), Electrical Safety (NFPA70E) and confined space entry requirements
- Proven ability to think independently as part of a team and handle project from conception to completion
- Proficient in standard business office software
- Good oral, and written communications skills and has the ability to teach maintenance skills
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in plant maintenance operations
- At least 3 years of experience in instrumentation and controls maintenance.
- Allen Bradley and/or Siemens experience preferred.
- Technical degree or certifications preferred
- Proficient in instrumentation including flow meters, level sensors, pressure sensors, load cells
- Experience with motors, variable frequency drives (VFDs), starters, power supplies, and transformers
Michelman’s standard work hours for this role are Monday – Friday from 7 am – 3:30 pm EST.
Note: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Michelman is proud of the values-focused work environment that we have crafted. We pride ourselves in our focus on our values of integrity, respect, and success. With our dedication to your technical and professional growth in addition to our rigorous onboarding experience, we guarantee that you will find yourself challenged in new ways. We offer an excellent salary, incentive, and benefits package in a dynamic, empowered team environment.
No phone calls, please. Michelman does not hire individuals who use tobacco products. All candidates will receive a drug test prior to beginning employment which will include a test for tobacco products.
For more information about Michelman, please visit https://www.michelman.com/.
It is Michelman, Inc. policy to seek and employ qualified persons in all jobs in a manner which will ensure equal employment opportunity as well as administer personnel actions in a manner as to not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Michelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans