- Performs assigned tasks, involving a sequence of related steps, on laboratory projects under the direction of the Engineering staff. Conducts a variety of structural tests (this may include preparing test specimens, setting up and operating standard test equipment, and recording test data).
- Fabricates and/or prepare test specimens in the laboratory or on project job site.
- Constructs specimens or equipment using prepared plans or specifications.
- Assists in the performance of complex tests or perform standardized tests.
- Assists in the preparation of reports.
- Tabulates data and makes simple calculations, using the computer.
- Operates, calibrates, and maintains specialized equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Performs or assists in housekeeping duties as assigned by the Senior Test Technician.
- Follows Company safety rules and regulations.
- Adheres to stated Company policies
-Strong work ethic
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
-High School graduate with applicable course work and/or appropriate experience
-3 years of experience in test/laboratory environment, cold-formed steel technology, instrumentation, the construction industry, and/or with computers.
-The military equivalent will be recognized in lieu of education and/or experience.
-Simple calculations using the computer
-Ability to analyze complex issues
-Laboratory setting may include outdoors under the following conditions: hot and cold temperatures, inclement weather, noise, dust, fumes, chemicals, or heights. May require prolonged sitting, standing, and computer work; heavy lifting, physical exertion, and working overtime evenings and weekends. If travel is required, duration may be up to several weeks at a time. Proper personal protective equipment is supplied and is to be used as exposures and postings require.
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
-Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
-401(k) with company match
-Paid Time Off
-Community Service Day
How to Apply