Founded in 1986 as a partnership between Nittoku and Autoneum, UGN is the preferred producer of high quality acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products, and a recognized leader in customer satisfaction for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America. UGN, with more than $400 million in revenue, has six locations in the United States—Farmington Hills, Michigan; Jackson, Tennessee; Monroe, Ohio; Somerset, Kentucky; Tinley Park, Illinois; and Valparaiso, Indiana; as well as a location in Silao, Guanajuato, Mexico—specializing in manufacturing, research, development, testing, and service support. Visit our website at www.ugn.com.
The sixth UGN facility in Monroe, Ohio, officially opened in September 2015. The state-of-the-art facility has more than 240 team members and supplies Honda Motor Co. with superior acoustic insulation, carpet, and underfloor technologies. The $80 million, 232,500 square foot facility includes room to add another 150,000 square feet as UGN expands to supply Toyota and Subaru. Just more than a year old and the UGN, Inc. Monroe facility has already distinguished itself to Honda for exceptional service. Every year, Honda recognizes suppliers who increase value to the customer by removing waste within the overall product and supply chain. The Monroe facility was presented with the award in November, 2016.
Learn more about UGN Monroe through the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryhi5-qzLIM
The Machinist fabricates, modifies and repairs compression mold and trim die tooling at the UGN facility in Monroe, OH. This is a day shift position.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, drill presses, milling machines, grinders, press brakes and shears to manufacture parts.
- Anneal and temper metal parts; braze, solder and weld metal parts.
- Fit and install precision components in molds and dies; verify dimensions of parts and installation of components.
- Read blueprints of product, die or mold and compute part specifications.
- Plan sequence of machine operations.
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal, wood and plastic stock materials to layout for machining.
- Assemble die or mold as required.
- Perform all duties in a safe and timely manner.
- Maintain a clean work area in accordance with 5-S principles.
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality.
- Other duties may be assigned.
• High school diploma plus 1 or more years of machining experience. A 2-year degree in tooling or machining is a plus.
• Open to various levels of experience in a manufacturing or machining setting. Will train a junior person.
• Experience with welding or fabricating is preferred.
• Knowledge of various types of machinery and machining processes.
• Ability to problem solve and communicate effectively with other groups including production, scheduling, engineering and management.
• Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently.
• Desire to be hands on and learn and grow within a good company
• Safety oriented
How to Apply
Please copy and paste the link into browser and apply directly at: