We are currently looking for a Tooling Apprentice who under the direction of the lead toolmaker will lay out, fit, and assemble parts to make or repair tools such as jigs, fixtures, or gauges. You will also analyze specifications according to knowledge of tool designs, shop math, and machining procedures.
• Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, or tool description, and plans sequence of operations, communicate ideas to improve the organization.
• Set up and operate machine tools and parts to specifications and verifies part conformance.
• Must satisfy quality standards.
• Fit and assembles parts into assemblies using hand tools.
• Verifies alignment using various instruments.
• Must participate in annual training to update and document job related skills, including Core tool (SPC, MSA, APQP & PFMEA) as applicable to the position.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 2- 4 years of previous experience in HVAC, carpentry, automotive/industrial equipment repair, or construction preferred
• Knowledge of cutting tools (e.g., drills, etc.)
• Previous experience with coating techniques, blasting, or plating strongly desired
• Individual must have strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, creative, and able to clearly communicate written and verbally
• Must be comfortable working with hands
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
We Offer Benefits effective day one of hire:
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 12 Holidays
• Generous Time Off
• Short- and Long-Term Disability
• Matching 401K
• Tuition Reimbursement & More
We provide more than just competitive pay and benefits packages, Oerlikon provides growth opportunity, training and development and work life balance. Oerlikon is, above all, a company dedicated to quality and built on a strong foundation of innovation, excellence, long-term commitments and entrepreneurial spirit.