Job ID: 5697 - FT - Classified AFSCME (hourly)
Performs moderately complex repair or construction of university facilities or property which require specialized training carpentry including construction, alteration, fabrication, installation, repairs and maintenance primarily throughout a college campus.
• Reviews job orders and blueprints or drawings; inspects site and consults with client; determines best method to complete project.
• Estimates amount of materials and equipment needed to complete project; arranges for materials to be at job site.
• Performs complex repair or installation on University facilities and property using expertise acquired through specialized training in carpentry.
• Assists outside contractors as needed; assists crafts persons from other trades as needed.
• Maintains and cleans tools and equipment; maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner. Operates tools and power tools safely.
• Prepares some paperwork including time/material tracking and work order status updates; may maintain files.
• Customer service and communications skills related to installation, fabrication, repairs, and/or replacement of various building materials, fixtures and hardware.
Requires nine months training beyond high school in a skilled trade and two years of experience in the carpentry trade, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driver's license required.
How to Apply