Job ID: 5377 - AFSCME - FT (Hourly)
Position performs the installation, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, (HVAC) and refrigeration components, equipment, and systems for a university campus consisting of approximately 200 buildings. Position’s primary purpose is ensuring that all HVAC and refrigeration systems and auxiliary equipment are in good working order and that any repairs are completed promptly and properly.
- Provides assistance to internal and external customers promptly and courteously; maintains frequent communication with the customer concerning status of work requests; performs quality work consistent with manufacturer’s requirements and complies with all applicable codes; maintains a professional appearance and attitude
- Performs installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC and refrigeration equipment to include air handlers, chillers, cooling towers, direct-expansion refrigeration systems, window units, pumps, fans, air compressors, air dryers, pneumatic and electronic controls, and other relevant equipment; determines the root cause of failures
- Cleans or replaces air filters, belts, bearings, seals, performs lubrication on mechanical and electrical equipment; cleans coils of all types; assists in checking alignment of rotating equipment
- Performs operation, maintenance and repair of water treatment systems to include cooling towers and closed loop heating and cooling systems
- Coordinates the activity of service contractors and new installation contractors to ensure compliance with all plans, specifications, and applicable codes and standards
- Utilizes HVAC and refrigeration equipment to include vacuum pumps, gage sets, rigging equipment, torches, electrical testing devices, mechanical hand tools and other relevant equipment; utilizes the building automation system (BAS) as a tool to diagnose and repair HVAC and applicable refrigeration systems; maintains tools in a clean and serviceable condition; reports broken or damaged items for repair or replacement
- Performs other building trades tasks in maintaining industrial equipment and in response to emergency situations as assigned
Requires nine months training beyond high school in a skilled trade and two years of experience in that trade, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Driver's license required.
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.
How to Apply