Make a difference with a career in insurance
At The Cincinnati Insurance Companies, we put people first and apply the Golden Rule to our daily operations. To put this into action, we’re looking for extraordinary people to join our talented team. Our service-oriented, ethical, knowledgeable, caring associates are the heart of our vision to be the best company serving independent agents. We help protect families and businesses as they work to prevent or recover from a loss. Share your talents to help us reach for continued success as we bring value to the communities we serve and demonstrate that Actions Speak Louder in Person®.
If you’re ready to build productive relationships, collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges and develop your skills, then Cincinnati may be the place for you. We offer career opportunities where you can contribute and grow.
Start your journey with us
CSU Producer Resources Inc. has an opening for an excess and surplus lines underwriting assistant to support underwriters in all aspects of new business entry, renewal and post-issuance transactions. This position is a hybrid role - working 50% in the office and 50% remote.
Starting Hourly Rate: up to $20 an hour; depending on experience, knowledge and skills.
Be ready to:
- enter technical data into the policy administration system
- assist underwriters with information and workflow that includes providing email and telephone backup support
- follow up with agents by telephone and email to ensure outstanding underwriting and compliance information
- order underwriting reports
Be equipped with:
- excellent interpersonal communication skills
- ability to prioritize and organize work
- proficient knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Excel and Outlook a plus
- ability to apply common sense in carrying out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
- strong attention to detail
- willingness to work hard and learn in a dynamic environment
- proven willingness to work and learn with a sense of urgency as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- ability to think quickly and effectively
- self-directed and highly productive with light supervision
- high volume workloads and production standards
- knowledge of commercial insurance ratings process is helpful, but not required
- ability to navigate web-based applications
- willing to complete web-based research as needed
- completion of the ASLI designation is encouraged upon completion of AINS certification
- AINS certification is preferred, but completion within three years of start date if selected for the position is also acceptable
Providing outstanding service and developing strong relationships with our independent agents are hallmarks of our company. Whether you have experience from another carrier or you’re new to the insurance industry, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Cincinnati provides you with the tools and training to be successful and to become a trusted, respected insurance professional – all while enjoying a meaningful career.
Enjoy benefits and amenities
Your commitment to providing strong service, sharing best practices and creating solutions that impact lives is appreciated. To increase the well-being and satisfaction of our associates, we offer a variety of benefits and amenities. Learn more about our benefits and amenities packages.
Embrace a diverse team
As a relationship-based organization, we welcome and value a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race; creed; color; sex, including sexual orientation, gender identity and transgender status; religion; national origin; age; disability; military service; veteran status; pregnancy; AIDS/HIV or genetic information; or any other basis prohibited by law. Learn more about the Federal Employment Notices.