Summary: Performs various labor/clean-up duties throughout the coke plant and facility. Assists maintenance crew as needed to facilitate repairs and preventative maintenance functions. Uses various mobile equipment in performance of duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, but not intended to be an all inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned.
- Functions as a productive member of the MTO team to meet or exceed production schedules safely and in accordance with all company and plant policies, rules, and procedures.
- Performs tasks necessary to operate production unit to maximize productivity within safety/health, environmental, and quality requirements; communicating issues to appropriate personnel and departments as necessary
- Performs and assists maintenance personnel with maintenance work including but not limited to minor troubleshooting of equipment, PM’s, inspections and other tasks as necessary to ensure maximum productivity is achieved safely and according to company and customer requirements and standards, coordinating activities with other personnel and departments as required
- Provides assistance to maintenance as requested in completing larger scope or emergency repair work, coordinating activities with other personnel and departments as required.
- Operates various mobile equipment, including but not limited to, trucks, heavy equipment, dozers, front-end loaders, boom trucks, mobile cranes, bobcat, forklift, cherry picker, dump trucks, and/or platforms.
- Directs flow of material to/from operating units, coordinates activities with appropriate areas and resources
- Works with materials and equipment necessary to transport and process products and materials.
- Clean, wash down and shovel spillage from walkways, conveyor belts, transfer points and /or anywhere spillage may occur.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Follows production sequence and schedule, working at a pace to maintain or exceed production requirements within safety/health, environmental, and quality requirements; notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel of any deviations, or issues in a timely manner.
- Participates in shift change activities including but not limited to communicating problems, issues, etc. with appropriate personnel, keeping supervisor apprised of such, completing appropriate documentation, logs, etc.; maintaining responsibility for operating area until properly relieved of duty by shift personnel or other authorized personnel.
- Maintains work area and common areas of plant in a neat and orderly manner.
- Prepares and completes required reports and forms including but not limited to work orders, permit applications, operation logs, production reports, maintenance logs, time / attendance and shift reports. Informs other crew members of any unusual conditions and pending work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education/Experience: High School diploma and/or GED required. One year certificate from college or technical school preferred. Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Math Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Windows Operating System, Microsoft Word and Excel software and Manufacturing software.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply:
Online through our website at www.suncoke.com
Submitting a resume to:
3353 Yankee Road
Middletown, OH 45044
Fax a resume to 866-922-7081