The warehouseperson will be responsible for preparing customer orders for shipment. They will utilize tow motors, shrink wrapping equipment, inventory control systems, and knowledge of the warehouse layout to accomplish their functions. This position operates in a warehouse environment. Accuracy, attention to detail, and a sense of urgency while maintaining safety are key skills for this role. As a 2nd shift role the standard hours for this position are 2:30-11:00pm
ITW Evercoat is the global leader in the manufacture of professional auto body repair fillers and putties, adhesives, professional car care, recreational marine patch and repair products. Evercoat is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc within the ITW Performance Polymers and Fluids segment. We are known for our unique 80/20 business model and core values of Integrity, Respect, Trust, Shared Risk and Simplicity. Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 Company headquartered in Glenview, IL.
Responsibilities: Other duties as assigned
- Uses bar code/scan gun system to perform job duties including picking orders, preparing orders for shipment, receiving inventory.
- Load and/or unload trucks including raw materials, finished goods, and outsourced goods.
- Pick and prepare orders for shipment. Prepare UPS and postal shipments as required.
- Unload resin Tankers.
- Maintain accuracy and quality of all orders being shipped.
- Check/verify incoming shipments against correct packing lists.
- Transport raw and finished goods within plant/warehouse.
- Coordinate carrier paperwork/equipment, bills of lading, picking tickets. Etc.
- Take samples of incoming materials to lab for Quality Control approval.
- Understand HazMat rules and regulations.
- Perform and/or oversee cycle inventory counts.
- Enter data into computer as required, including: receiving inquiries, labels, UPS, ship confirmations, allocation information.
- Perform and record preventive maintenance each shift on tow motors, including: checking fluids, hydraulics, etc. and daily operation/safety procedures.
- Repair / Repack damaged product as instructed.
- Follows all Company safety procedures, safe work and good housekeeping practices.
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Continuous Improvement programs.
- Move trailers with yard tractor if necessary.
- Provide backup to Distribution Center Supervisor as necessary.
Education and Qualifications:
• Minimum age 18 and have valid driver’s license.
• Minimum six (6) months work experience in a distribution environment or equivalent combination of education or training beyond high school level.
• Must be able to read and write English; must understand both written and oral instructions and directions.
• Must be PC/Computer literate and/or have ability to use bar code/scan gun systems.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must pass pre-employment physical and drug/alcohol screening.
• Must pass tow motoring training and acquire certification for tow motor operation; must be able to wear seat belts on tow motors.
• Must pass HazMat training.
• Previous tow motor experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment highly preferred.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can submit a resume online through the following link:
All ITW postings can be found at www.ITW.com/careers.