Hamilton County Public Health is accepting applications for a Septic System Inspector (WQ Technician) vacancy in the Water Quality Division. The successful candidate will inspect sewage treatment system (septic systems) to ensure compliance with requirements.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performing on-site inspection of sewage treatment systems (including routine lifting of concrete lids) and limited GPS mapping of sewage treatment systems to ensure compliance with required public health standards and state and local regulations.
- Providing technical advice to owners, operators and contractors on matters relating to sewage treatment systems and storm water pollution prevention.
- Preparing correspondence, records and reports concerning inspection made.
- Performing general office work (e.g., filing, answering telephones, etc.).
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
**Posted until filled.
This is a non exempt position. Only non-tobacco users need apply. HCPH is committed to advancing health equity and encourages those with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. EOE.
Requirements include: High School Diploma/GED and experience which indicates a basic knowledge of water pollutants, sample collection techniques and a demonstrable ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Candidate with GIS/GPS experience and/or a college degree are preferred. Must have valid Driver’s License and private vehicle for job use. Some evening and weekend hours required.
How to Apply
Please send resume
Stephanie Taylor, HR Officer
250 William Howard Taft Road, 2nd Floor, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219