Welds metal components together with variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair/rework parts and assemblies, by performing the following duties.
- Weld parts using both MIG and TIG.
- Setup and operate weld equipment.
- Perform repairs on parts or assemblies and final clean-up on completed assemblies..
- Operate CNC welders such as Panjerus Air/Rototab weld equipment.
- Assist Weld Engineer and establish weld schedules on all equipment.
- Setup and weld production parts per the required specifications.
- Check units with various precision measuring instrument to specifications.
- Perform a variety of sheet metal operations in finishing, aligning, repairing parts or assemblies with or without the aid of jigs or fixtures.
- Weld in various positions on parts or assemblies held by fixtures with or without chill bars..
- Basic housekeeping with the use of conventional utensils (brooms, dusters, wet/dry rags, wet/dry vacuums) Maintaining the area includes material, parts, machines, tools and work tables used in manufacturing as well as objects used to store or stage items used in manufacturing.
• Technical skills and abilities: blue print reading, use of precision measuring instruments, welding
• Must be Weld Certified by Magellan Aerospace, Middletown, Inc. for welding inco and beta material and any other Certified Processes. Must meet visual acuity requirements
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must pass Weld test and vision acuity exam.
*Must be able to work 2nd shift (3pm-11pm)*
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
• Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
• Employee Engagement Committee
• Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.