Welder – Assembler (1st Shift)
Cincinnati / Middletown, OH
JBT is one of the largest solutions providers to the global food processing industry. The largest food processors within the fruit, vegetable, meat, poultry, seafood, and bakery industries. Avure, a JBT business unit, manufactures High Pressure Processing (HPP) machines that pasteurizes food through high pressure instead of heat and chemicals making food healthier and taste better.
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes:
- We have competitive health and welfare benefits and more!
- Three options of medical coverage through United Healthcare
- Two options of dental coverage through Delta Dental
- Vision coverage through VSP
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Company paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match - up to 6.5%
- Tuition Reimbursement (*eligible after 2 years)
- Employee discounts on products and services like event tickets, personal cell phone service, car insurance, and more
*First shift hours are 5:30am-6:00pm Monday thru Thursday (4 days X 12 hours). Some Friday overtime hours are required due to business need but communicated in advance.
Responsible for welding fabrication and assembly of machine assemblies. Looking for someone with magnificent work ethic, high energy, positive attitude and very detail oriented (due to quality requirements).
- Mig & Tig fabrication welding of stainless-steel machine components, equipment, and water piping including set-up, grinding, polishing.
- Secondary assignments supporting machine assembly.
- Work with engineering/manufacturing teams to resolve issues and optimize processes.
- Basic shop tasks such as drilling, threading, etc.
- Adhering to quality control directives
- Operation of overhead cranes, forklifts, and scissor lifts.
- Welding – 60% of time. Machine assembly – 40% of time.
- Contributes ideas to the Relentless Continuous Improvement process.
- Actively engage the site Safety program.
- Is an active participant in the 5S program to maintain a work ready environment.
- Maintains focus to our quality standards and processes.
- Occasional overtime required.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Welding certification required.
- Trade school diploma or specialized education program in welding -OR- 1-3 years of welding experience in an industrial setting.
- Prior experience using basic metrology equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc.) preferred.
- Blueprint reading, mechanical aptitude, basic machine shop skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity; continuously seeking ways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands.
- Ability to lift and carry fifty pounds.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
Avure Technologies manufactures High Pressure Processing (HPP) equipment that helps producers increase food safety and extend shelf life, while providing consumers with nutritious, natural food.
Food manufacturers of all sizes rely on Avure's HPP technology to serve up healthy, delicious, and safe products, doubling and tripling shelf life without chemicals, additives, or heat.
In fact, you will find foods processed by Avure HPP systems in every corner of the world!
It's an exciting time at Avure. We may be the global leader in HPP, but we believe our greatest accomplishments and innovations lie ahead. That is why we are always searching for passionate, analytical, entrepreneurial, and top-notch talent to help us achieve our goal of advancing the field of HPP even further.
The estimated entry level hourly compensation rate is $18.50 per hour – $19.50. Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Starting salary will vary by location, qualifications, and prior experience.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Susan Cotton at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.
Feel free to call Chad St. John, HR Director (513/393-3349) for additional information.