KADANT BLACK CLAWSON LLC is an established leader in equipment and systems for the international pulp and paper process industries. For over 145 years, we’ve helped our customers reduce their input costs and improve efficiency through innovative products and technologies. Our sustainability efforts have been nationally recognized, and Kadant is also listed on the New York Stock Exchange (KAI). Our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility is located in Lebanon, OH, where we design and manufacture our products for customers across the globe.
We currently seek to fill the position of Welder on first shift or second shift (M-TH or T-F 6 AM to 4:30 PM or M-TH 4:15 PM to 2:45 AM) to assemble and weld components according to blueprints or specific instructions, all while advancing KBC’s mission of being a forward-thinking, collaborative, and ethical business.
- Welds components to specified instructions, utilizing standard welding equipment (TIG, Flux Core, MIG, Stick) to predetermined dimensions and tolerance.
- Verifies and acknowledges component part is properly prepared, fabricated, and braced for the weld process specified.
- Able to operate brake press, hydraulic presses, drill press, and hydraulic rollers.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area.
- Accurately records job transactions and router hours.
- Abides by all KBC policies with emphasis on attendance and safety.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of machines and tools used in welding including designs, uses, maintenance and repair.
- Basic understanding of design techniques, principles, and tools necessary for the precise production of technical plans, drawings, models and blueprints.
- Excellent ability to read and listen to assignments given in a variety of forms.
- Basic understanding of mathematics as related to welding assignments.
- Demonstrates KBC values of personal accountability, discipline, trust, and proactive action.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED required). Vocational training course completion is preferred.
- Must have obtained ASME 9 certification, AWS D1.1 certification, or equivalent on Stainless and Carbon Steel, MIG, TIG, and Flux Core, along with three years’ work experience in welding MIG, TIG and Flux core.
- Also required is the ability to read and interpret blueprints, read measuring instruments (i.e. tape measures, etc.), and operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Must be dependable with an excellent attendance record in order to maintain strict production schedules.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
All benefits, including medical, dental, vision, PTO, and 401k are effective upon hire! Position also eligible for our production bonus plan (up to 2K per year)!