Responsible for welding metal components as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, or manufacturing operations sheet (MOS), using electric arc-welding equipment. You will weld in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead positions. In addition, under general supervision, weld components in accordance with standard GTAW processes and applications with the desired outcome of joining a variety of material types and thicknesses together in accordance with site specifications.
• High School Diploma / GED
• Successful completion of a TIG or GTAW training course or program (or a minimum of 1 year of experience as a TIG or GTAW welder)
• Ability to work scheduled shift and hours, including overtime as required
• Ability and willingness to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds (with assistance) as required
• Ability and willingness to work in an area where there is moderate noise intensity (85 to 89.9 dBa)
• Ability and willingness to work in an area where, due to normal machining operations there may be dust, fumes, or smoke (not over OSHA Permissible Exposure Levels (PEL))
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply at www.ge.com/careers. The Requisition number is #3088777.