Southern Champion Tray in Fairfield, OH has a fantastic opportunity as a Window Operator. You will enjoy great benefit, and competitive pay!
$1,500 Sign – On Bonus
As a Window Operator:
- Set up and operate machine(s) to ensure that quality products are achieved at a consistent rate of speed in accordance with machine standards.
What would you be doing?
- Operate machine(s) in a consistent manner as instructed, maintain standard operating procedures
- Able to make machine adjustments in order to maintain machine at safety, quality, and production standards
- Set up all gluers to precise measurements and alignments within allotted time for next production run
- Uses computer system to log productivity and remarks on job, accurately completes production report and record production data
- Start equipment and adjust machine as required to attain target speeds
- Be responsible for the quality of the product manufactured with regard to folding, gluing, packaging, labeling, and stacking
- Check for scrap and quality defects; continuously check for quality defects of finished product
- Operate the machine in a safe manner and to notify supervision of any unsafe conditions that might exist
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and assists in repair of machine malfunctions; performs routine cleaning, and maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience operating a folder/gluer, preferably in a folding carton environment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must have the ability to lead a crew that has been placed with them to execute the demands of the operation efficiently.
- Basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide both fractions and decimals, and solve problems
- Read tape measurement.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with arms and hands. Frequently is required to climb, balance, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lifts/moves 25 to 50 pounds.
- Must have the ability to read and understand documents, letters, etc. and write legibly in English.
What is the work environment like?
Exposure to a dusty atmosphere with loud noise, which will require both eye and ear protection. Moving mechanical parts will also be exposed; safety guards have been put in place for the safety of all Team members but during set up, the machine must be broken down and reassembled to complete the next job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, but the essential functions cannot be eliminated or performed by others.
About Southern Champion Tray:
Since 1927, Southern Champion Tray has been manufacturing quality paperboard packaging products. As a third generation, family-owned company, our reputation has been built through clear vision, constant innovation, and unwavering commitment to excellence and integrity in everything we do. These principles have been the backbone of our success. All jobs at Southern Champion Tray (SCT) require Team members to act in accordance with the shared Core Values and Operating principles of the company as they perform specific job functions. These include:
- Trustworthy – We strive for our actions to match our words in all our relationships.
- Servant – Hearted – We enable and empower our team to serve the needs of customers, Team members, suppliers and the community.
- Relational – We aim to build healthy relationships while fostering and environment that promotes compassion, balance, and personal and professional growth.
- Resourceful – We value strategic insourcing, first looking to create solutions internally, and then looking to apply that knowledge to future opportunities.