Working directly with youth who are placed at the Juvenile Rehabilitation Center, a 30-bed Community Corrections Facility serving felony level offenders, or the Juvenile Detention Center, a 42-bed temporary holding facility for juveniles who have been charged with offenses and are in need of secure placement pending their case action.
- Supervising and directing population throughout the daily schedule, ensuring compliance with procedure.
- Providing security within the facility.
- Providing safety within the facility.
- Maintaining internal communications (ie. log, Progress Notes, Incident reports) in a legible and informative manner.
- Fostering a productive work environment through positive communication with staff, residents and Supervisor.
- Maintaining the facility to ensure that it remains clean and orderly.
- Providing programming needs of the facility.
Other tasks as directed by supervisory staff.
High School Diploma with correctional experience or Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience
Ability to apply physical response when critical incident requires
Prompt and regular attendance
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Satisfactory criminal/traffic background checks
Valid Ohio driver’s license and properly insured to operate a motor vehicle
How to Apply
A letter of interest or resume must be submitted to Butler County Juvenile Court,
Attn: Tim Myers, 280 N. Fair Avenue, Hamilton, OH 45011. This information may also be faxed to 513-887-5592. An application may be picked up at the Receptionist’s window of the Juvenile Court.