The Buyer is responsible for effectively managing the purchase order replenishment process. Provides support in the purchase of goods, materials, supplies and equipment used in day-to-day operations. Focus is on matching inventory levels with production needs for raw materials, packaging components, purchased finished goods, and/or equipment.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibility to source raw materials, packaging components, purchased finished goods, and/or equipment.
- Negotiate purchases and establish contracts for critical materials from approved sources.
- Continuously develop and optimize supplier relationships to gather information in an effort to source product of the best quality at the optimum price at proper lead-times to meet customer requirements.
- Place purchase orders with suppliers, schedule deliveries, create bill of ladings (where applicable) as it pertains to purchasing.
- Analyze and set minimum stocking levels for critical raws, containers, finished goods, and/or equipment to minimize stock outs and product disruptions.
- Monitor inventory levels and adjust reorder points, min/max levels and lead times to maximize production levels. Working closely with demand planning/forecasting to achieve highest possible accuracy.
- Handle all claims, returns, feedbacks and bring them to a timely closure.
- Makes necessary adjustments to purchase orders to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with Operations, Receiving, Warehousing to ensure that expectations and constantly met.
- Runs materials related procurement and inventory reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Continuously strive to reduce total cost of procured goods and services.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
Minimum of three-five years of job-related experience preferred.
Excellent skills using Microsoft Office products and ERP systems.
High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Ability to work independently and in a group setting.
Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
Strong communication skills, demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively.
How to Apply