This position performs assembly work of a moderately complex nature with pre-cut, drilled and edged materials to produce a quality finished good of specified materials, dimensions, and color.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assembles all components and fixtures of manufactured products in the warehouse, in a timely manner that meets the production schedule and quality requirements.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Inspects each product assembled to ensure it meets quality standards. Notifies supervisor about sub-standard quality issues.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement initiatives related to work-flow, 5S and overall shop efficiency
- Proficiently uses a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools including, but not limited to drill, hammer, screwdriver, and scraper.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Does all of the above in a manner that meets company safety requirements including, but not limited to, wearing safety glasses.
Experience using basic hand tools.
Must be able to read and use tape measure for precise measurements.
Must have a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing hourly goals.
Must have a basic ability for reading, writing and computer keyboard skills.
·Work involves walking, talking, hearing, and using material handling equipment.
·Vision abilities require close vision assessments
·Required to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 50 lbs. continually.
·May be required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
·Moderately loud noise levels in plant environment.
How to Apply