The Controller is an integral member of the management team and is involved in matters affecting both the Hamilton Casework Solution and Maverick Desk businesses. The Controller’s role is not limited to financial responsibilities; thus he/she is expected to be a major contributor to the development and execution of each business’s overall objectives. In this role, the Controller must not only be involved in daily accounting/finance functions but also be an agent for change, collaborating on operational initiatives (via Lean Thinking, Six Sigma, etc.) throughout the organization.
- Responsible for all daily, weekly and monthly financial reporting. Manage the monthly general ledger closing including preparation of journal entries as required.
- Responsible for treasury functions including payment approval, asset-based lending reporting and bank reporting.
- Oversee all ancillary functions, such as insurance, income and property taxes and compliance
- Coordinates the reconciliation and maintenance of proper general ledger account balances. Prepares monthly account reconciliations for all assigned accounts including proper documentation for all assigned entries and balances.
- All activities and control of financial management to include safeguarding assets. The Controller must maximize resources available to facilitate decision-making on financial matters, provide timely and accurate information on financial and other resource issues. This includes the review and approval of any financial arrangements, agreements etc. being considered by the business.
- Partner with fellow managers in determining financial soundness of strategic decisions and utilize metrics to drive improvements and cost reduction initiatives.
- Providing financial leadership to the team in preparing the annual plan, quarterly forecasts and comparison of actual or forecasted performance to Plan, Forecast, or prior periods as requested. Complete all necessary related reporting as directed.
- Leads, motivates and develops talent within the organization including immediate direct reports by coaching, counseling, engaging and evaluating performance. Leads direct reports in change management process regarding departmental practices and procedures.
- Responsible for all cost accounting activities including purchase order price variances, labor variances, work-in-process, inventory tracking, and labor collection/shop floor control systems. Product cost analysis and detailed product and job cost review with manufacturing in an effort to control costs and lead cost reduction initiatives.
- Ability to oversee audit processes conducted external auditors (financial).
- Other finance/accounting duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business is desirable with Accounting and Finance preferred.
7 to 10 years of progressive finance and accounting experience. Minimum of 5 years managing finance team
Experience in all aspects of financial management including accounting, treasury, budgeting, planning, internal controls and analysis is desired.
Experience in business management software and ERP systems. SyteLine preferred.
Cost accounting developed in manufacturing environments.
Manufacturing experience with Lean Enterprise Systems, Six Sigma, and/or Supply Management is highly desirable.
Advanced proficiency with Excel is required.
Strong interpersonal and team building skills
Periodic travel to California is required – EST approx.
How to Apply
Workstream Inc. offers its employees competitive compensation and benefits packages that demonstrate our respect for their skills and knowledge.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Interested in a great career? Apply today at www.hamiltoncs.com/careers.