The Designer will work with dealers to digitally produce drawings for customer approval of design layout, using various design programs. The Designer will be involved in designing custom pieces to meet customer needs and expectations while using design and engineering programs to accurately represent products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Upon assignment, works with the dealers to develop a digital drawing layout of an area to be sent to the customer for their approval within the customer expected time frame.
- Works with Engineering team to determine the best way to represent any custom units to assure the design can be manufactured as shown.
- Works in several different software programs including Sketch-up to complete the assignments given.
- Understands the uses of Maverick standard materials and their limitations as well as the manufacturing processes used to produce products of their front-end design work.
- Works in ERP to create quotes to align with drawings.
- Participates in special projects that may require input from the Maverick team.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by manager.
- Does all of the above in a manner that meets company safety requirements.
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial Design, Architecture or Interior Design.
- Previous experience using design software to produce drawings.
- Good reading, math, and analytical skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be process oriented and able to plan, organize and monitor work with minimal
·Work involves sitting, walking, talking, hearing, and using a variety of office equipment.
·Vision abilities require close vision assessments.
- Required to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 25 lbs occasionally.