Hamilton Casework Solutions is looking for an Engineering Admin to assist the engineering department with entering information info our ERP system for standard order creation.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Perform alpha and numeric data entry operations into ERP database. Include setting up new part numbers, creating BOMs, changes to BOMs, corrections, additions, new product releases, etc. Checks and verifies compliance with engineering standards.
- Communicate effectively with other departments any Engineering or Production issues. Files, copies and distributes ECRs (Engineering Change Requests) to appropriate departments/personnel for notification of important changes to drawings, parts, structures and new product releases.
- Maintain part Number Master; checks New/Changes to Documents for release.
- Check ERP for errors and investigates errors in database values and report findings.
- Maintain Vendor Cross Reference List in Excel and maintain steel specifications, fastener standards and paint specifications.
- Receive, sort and distribute drawings, reports and documents both in house and externally to/from other company facilities as requested.
- Assist with location of historical records. Assist other departments with prints and records as the need arises.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office systems.
Must have prior ERP experience.
Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
Good organizational skills.
Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical/engineering vocabulary and engineering drawings helpful.
Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to compose correspondence including letters, emails, memos and reports.
Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Able to work and contribute to a team environment.
Able to work overtime to complete assignments as required.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED certificate required. Some college preferred.
Minimum of 3+ years experience as an administrative assistant.
Prior ERP experience required.
How to Apply