Superior Environmental Solutions (SES) is looking for dedicated Hazmat Field Supervisors to join our dynamic team at our Cincinnati, Ohio operation. The Hazmat Field Supervisor will be responsible for directing, coaching, and developing technicians to create a high performing team that delivers the best customer service possible safely. Hazmat Field Supervisors are held responsible for safety, job site operations (planning, dispatching and coordinating daily activities), customer satisfaction and team development, and maintaining high standards of customer service through both customer interface and business operations.
- safely performs tasks efficiently and accurately
- knows the job plan
- understands their individual responsibilities
- behaves in a professional manner
- knows and honors the client’s specifications for on-site behavior
SES offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits packaging including:
- Weekly Pay
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Ongoing Opportunities for Growth, Development, and Career Advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick/Personal Days
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus
- CDL Driver Sponsored Training
Key responsibilities and functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure equipment appropriate for day’s objectives available and in good working order.
- Confirm crew members are properly trained/qualified to perform assignments and operate equipment safely.
- Conduct Job Hazard/Safety Analysis (JSA), daily or as needed, to identify challenges and note approaches to ensure safe execution of work.
- Review JSA findings with crew, and communicate any concerns to Safety and Manager, an d when appropriate, to customer.
- Ensure safe work practices are employed and accidents/near misses are avoided.
- Complete work audits to assess work safety, quality and efficiency of work being performed and report findings on automated reporting tool (wufoo), up to a minimum of 5 per week.
- Execute, immediately and with urgency, accident/near miss reporting according to SES, regulatory and customer protocols.
- Customer Relations:
- Develop and maintain strong customer relations by responding to customer needs and coordinating customer support with the Account Manager or Operations Manager.
- Ensure communications within the Branch (specifically the crew, Dispatch, Safety Team and Account Manager) and with the customer is fluid, transparent and frequent.
- Assure the crew behaves professionally at all times and the company’s image is maintained favorably with customers and suppliers.
- Work with SES Branch Manger to resolve customer complaints and service problems in a timely manner while maintaining/improving customer satisfaction.
- Collect and learn customer’s protocols for safety, security, compliance and procedures and share all information and directives with the crew, Dispatch and Account Manager.
- Ensure conformity to customer’s protocols.
- Complete all on-site SES and customer paperwork and ensure accuracy and thoroughness before submitting to Branch for billing and payroll functions while assuring regulatory compliance (Job Sheet - all equipment, supplies, PPE & crew members are properly marked; JSA signed; confined space permits given; etc.).
- Drive professionalism with a focus on safety (goal of zero accidents) and continual improvement
- Ensure implementation of operational procedures for safe and efficient execution of all service in compliance with SES, customer’s protocols and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines.
- Manage a job site with up to as many as 30 employees.
- Coordinate Job Plan with Dispatch; i.e., identify objectives, protocols, special on-site job requirements, skills and equipment required.
- Develop plan to achieve objectives efficiently, safely, cost effectively and profitably.
- Conduct daily tailgate meetings with crew to ensure understanding of day’s objectives and timelines, report and discuss JSA findings, reinforce safety protocols, emphasize importance of efficiency and organization, educate team of physical situation challenges, identify and discuss individual assignments, stress professionalism (behavior, language and keeping work area clean), review customer’s on-site rules and regulations, and share customer’s instructions.
- Prepare work site/area (equipment, tools and employees) to ensure all workers, company/customer equipment and facilities remain safe and do not incur personal injury or damages as a result of the work performed.
- Communicate —clearly, effectively and frequently— with crew, Dispatch and customer to ensure job/tasks are performed in the desired manner and to customer’s satisfaction.
- Monitor crew performance and give feedback.
- Improve employee skills through on-the-job training and coaching as required.
- Direct and implement End-of-Day and Return-to-Dispatch tasks and activities according to SES, regulatory and customer protocol.
- Act as a safety and environmental champion, lead by example, participate in health, safety and environment activities and arrange the correction of unsafe conditions and facilitate coaching/training to change unsafe behaviors.
- Ensure employees are complying with all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to, adherence to all safety rules or best practices, attendance, substance abuse, theft, willful or neglectful damage to company equipment, uniforms and all company rules and regulations.
- Conduct on-the-job training and coaching as often as necessary.
- Evaluate employee performance and initiate disciplinary action when needed.
- Ensure documentation relating to job performance, conflicts, training, audits, etc., is completed according to policy and provided to Account Manager.
- Identify areas of opportunity per employee and team to gain knowledge and skills to meet the needs of a changing customer and service line mix.
- Ensure validity of employee driver’s license and insurability when operating company vehicles.
- What we are looking for
- Ability to comprehend and understand English language to a level that all safety instructions and emergency situations are followed
- Minimum of 3 years in the Environmental and/or Industrial Services industry, preferred
- Minimum of 2 years as a Senior Technician, preferred
- Ability to operate Vacuum Trucks, Water Blasters, Steamer units and other associated equipment
- Ability to work in Elevated or Confined Space
- Champion for safety
- Customer focused
- High ethics and values
- Action-oriented and results-driven
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong oral and written Communications
- Background in team building
- Functional Requirements
- Must have valid driver’s license and maintain insurability
- Ability to work in inclement weather (heat, cold, rain, snow, sleet)
- Ability to work in environmental hazardous conditions (noise, confined spaces, fumes, poor ventilation, high places, etc.)
- Must be able to operate Vacuum Trucks, Water Blasters and Steamer units
- Must pass pre-employment, random and post-accident/injury substance abuse screening
- Must be able to work Flexible Schedule
Apply today! For more information about SES career opportunities, please call us at 1-513-874-8355, Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST. To learn more about SES, visit us at www.sesinc.com
Superior Environmental Solutions (SES) is a 24-hour industrial cleaning company that provides a variety of plant maintenance and cleaning services to production facilities throughout the Midwest. Founded in 1999, the company now operates 13 locations across Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. SES takes great pride in our industry leading safety rating and integrated programs. Our services include industrial cleaning, water blasting, tank cleaning, emergency response, vacuum truck/tanker services, waste management, transportation, and hazardous waste disposal. SES is committed to providing responsive and quality service to manufacturers in an array of industries.
We know that our employees are crucial to the success and strength of our organization, and our in-house and on-going training programs ensure that all SES employees are well educated in OSHA regulations and SES specific operational policies. SES employees are focused on safety and dedicated to exceeding our customer’s expectations in every way.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Please go to the following web link to apply today!