A paraprofessional person who is specifically trained, competent and performs assigned functions of personal
care to the patient in their residence under the direction, instruction and supervision of the registered nurse
1. Must meet Medicare Conditions of Participation for Home Health Aide training program and competency.
2. Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
3. Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
4. Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
1. Understands and adheres to established Agency policies and procedures.
2. Performs personal care, bath and hands-on care as assigned.
3. Completes appropriate visit records in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
4. Reports changes in the patient’s condition and needs to the RN.
5. Performs household services essential to health care in the home as assigned.
6. Ambulates and exercises the patient as assigned.
7. Performs simple procedures as an extension of the therapy or nursing services, e.g., range of motion (ROM)
exercises as assigned.
8. Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered as assigned.
9. Attends inservice and continuing education programs as scheduled and necessary.
10. Attends patient care conferences as scheduled.