As a Cook, you will prepare and cook large quantities of food according to menus, recipes, and planned residents or guests.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
- Cook and prepare food for residents, guests, and employees.
- Prepare food according to the planned menu using standard recipes.
- Plate food items following portion guidelines and garnishing instructions.
- Ensure that sufficient food is prepped and/or prepared.
- Communicate with supervisor of shortages or outages.
- Ensure freshness, cooking status, and proper seasoning of all foods served.
- Stock and clean station for next shift.
- Follow proper food rotation policies.
- Each Cook must have knowledge of the resident rights and ensures an atmosphere that allows for privacy, dignity, and well-being of all residents in a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security.
- Clean and inspect kitchen appliances and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Present a professional appearance by wearing uniform and name tag.
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Promotion of positive public relations with residents, family members, and guests.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or technical school
- 1-2 years of line cook experience and/or training
- Baking skills are preferred
- Good communication skills are required
How to Apply
The best way to apply is on our website at https://www.storypoint.com/careers/, hit "Apply Now" and type in the specified job you are looking for or "Hamilton" (which is the location) or by going directly to this link https://vizi.vizirecruiter.com/StoryPoint-1778/45105/index.html for the LINE COOK position.