The Machine Operator sets up and operates one or more computer numeric controlled machines to produce a quality product of specified materials, dimensions, and color.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates the panel saw machines to create all components of manufactured products, in a timely manner that meets the production schedule and quality requirements.
- Prepare and setup machine systems for daily operation and adherence to daily production goals.
- Help maintain machines, ensuring they are always in proper working condition and available for maximum throughput.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying instructions, labels, blueprint specifications, and materials.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Inspects each product produced to ensure it meets quality standards. Notifies supervisor about sub-standard quality issues.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement initiatives related to work-flow, 5S and overall shop efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Does all of the above in a manner that meets company safety requirements including, but not limited to, wearing safety glasses.
Experience operating manufacturing machine equipment.
Must be able to interpret engineering design drawings.
Must be able to read and use tape measure for precise measurements.
Must have a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing hourly goals.
Must have a basic ability for reading, writing and computer keyboard skills.
·Work involves walking, talking, hearing, and using material handling equipment.
·Vision abilities require close vision assessments
·Required to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 50 lbs. continually.
·May be required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
·Moderately loud noise levels in plant environment.
How to Apply