The Boring Operator sets up and operates one or more computer numeric controlled boring machines to produce a quality product of specified materials, dimensions, and color.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates the boring machines to create all components of manufactured products, in a timely manner that meets the production schedule and quality requirements.
- Prepare and setup machine systems for daily operation and adherence to daily production goals.
- Help maintain machines, ensuring they are always in proper working condition and available for maximum throughput.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying instructions, labels, blueprint specifications, and materials.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Inspects each product produced to ensure it meets quality standards. Notifies supervisor about sub-standard quality issues.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement initiatives related to work-flow, 5S and overall shop efficiency
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Does all of the above in a manner that meets company safety requirements including, but not limited to, wearing safety glasses.
- Experience operating manufacturing machine equipment.
- Must be able to interpret engineering design drawings.
- Must be able to read and use tape measure for precise measurements.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency in accomplishing hourly goals.
- Must have a basic ability for reading, writing and computer keyboard skills.
- ·Work involves walking, talking, hearing, and using material handling equipment.
- ·Vision abilities require close vision assessments
- ·Required to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 50 lbs. continually.
- ·May be required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- ·Moderately loud noise levels in plant environment.