The Machine Operator Team Lead will oversee machine floor production and oversight of all assigned employee tasks while complying with all safety, quality, construction, production, and housekeeping standards.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIESMachine operator duties (50%):
- Operates a variety of CNC machines to create all components of manufactured products, in a timely manner that meets the production schedule and quality requirements.
- Prepare and setup machine systems for daily operation and adherence to daily production goals.
- Help maintain machines, ensuring they are always in proper working condition and available for maximum throughput.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying instructions, labels, blueprint specifications, and materials.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Inspects each product produced to ensure it meets quality standards. Notifies supervisor about sub-standard quality issues.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement initiatives related to work-flow, 5S and overall shop efficiency
- Responsible for reviewing the production schedule pro-actively; ensuring machines are running production to customer specifications and deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring products are transferred from the machining production floor to the assembly area.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
- Reviews materials required for basic production jobs per the production schedule. Validates accuracy and availability of needed materials.
- Performs job set up; reviews and assists others with the selection of processing options on machine specific software to process the designated job according to client specifications.
- Reconciles inventory between completed, work in progress, and remaining inventory to ensure accountability.
- Coordinates activities with production, procurement, maintenance, warehouse, and quality departments to achieve and sustain results.
- Supports other team members by maintaining a visible presence on the production floor.
- Maintains an engaged and team-oriented workforce.
- Assists supervisor with on the job training of new team members.
- Communicates issues or concerns with Production Manager, Supply Chain Manager, and Engineering Manager as needed.
- Contributes to Continuous Improvement initiatives related to work-flow, 5S and overall shop efficiency
- Maintains a safe working environment by complying with all safety and environmental policies in the workplace. Advocates for and promotes a safe work environment by reporting Near Misses and/or other safety and environmental hazards, wearing all required PPE and encouraging others to do the same.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
High school graduate or equivalent
5 years experience in a shop floor manufacturing environment.
2 years of Lean continuous improvement exposure; 2 years of some leadership responsibility
Requires overall knowledge of equipment and production processes.
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
·Work involves walking, talking, hearing, and using material handling equipment.
·Vision abilities require close vision assessments
·Required to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 50 lbs. continually.
·May be required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
·Moderately loud noise levels in plant environment.
How to Apply