The Machine Panel Wirer wires machines and their subassemblies following layouts, electrical circuits, and other written and verbal specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Read, comprehend and interpret Wiring Diagrams.
- Understand and support Company philosophies, goals and directions including ISO9001 and 14001 policies and procedures.
- Job Report labor correctly and in a timely manner.
- Safely apply material handling processes.
- Produce quality work in a time frame that meets the expectation of the Team/Group Leads.
- Possess working knowledge of standard hand tools.
- Practice good communications with Leads and team members.
- Perform all line wiring operations.
- Use the missing parts system.
- Complete safety training on the use of overhead cranes and follow all safety requirements when using overhead cranes.
- Complete safety training on the use of fall protection and follow all requirements when applicable.
- Complete Lockout / Tag out training using all required items when performing Lockout.
- Adhere to the 5S standards in the work area.
- Communicate any discrepancies’ or errors on prints, materials list etc.
- Interact with teams on second and third shift to obtain positive results on productivity and quality.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility when confronted with high stress / emergency situations, priority changes, or new assignments.
- Ability to interact professionally with employees, managers, and customers in the plant.
- Ability to read/comprehend diagrams.
- High school, Vocational school graduate (in electrical) or equivalent preferred.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 50lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Milacron / Hillenbrand we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences everyone has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans