The City of the Village of Indian Hill, Ohio will conduct a Civil Service examination to establish an eligibility list for the position of Meter Reader/Plant Operator in the Water Works Department. The Meter Reader/Plant Operator is responsible for installing, inspecting and reading water meters, locating service lines, collecting water samples and performing a variety of semi-skilled and manual labor in the maintenance, installation, construction, general repair and operation of the Water Treatment Plant.
- Reads water meters and turns readings in to Water Works office for billing.
- Assists in plant operations: tests finished water for proper levels; checks motors & pumps for proper levels of lubrication; collects water samples; etc.
- Plant maintenance: assists in monitoring and repair of water treatment facilities & equipment; well field & tower maintenance; performs routine preventive maintenance; and simple mechanical repairs.
- Performs general housekeeping chores to assure a clean and safe water treatment plant.
- Locates water lines, values, surface lines, meter pit, and curb boxes.
- Inspects water lines, meter pits, and valve boxes.
- Installs remote meters and outside registers.
- Fulfills work orders generated by meter reading; answering questions or complaints of water customers.
- Responds to overtime call-in or calls, as needed for emergencies, 7 days per week, 24 hours per day.
- Assists water distribution crew as needed.
Persons applying for this position must possess at a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent, one-year of laboratory or mechanical maintenance experience and a current Class I Water Operators License issued by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency. Applicants who fail to meet the minimum qualifications may be rejected.
The Meter Reader/Plant Operator position is a full-time, hourly position eligible for overtime. Excellent benefit package includes eleven paid holidays and vacation accruals based on years of service credit for those candidates who have prior service with other governmental units in Ohio.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a completed employment application and a copy of all relevant certifications to: Jessica Chaney, Director of Administrative Services, City of the Village of Indian Hill, 6525 Drake Road, Cincinnati, OH 45243 or email@example.com. Deadline to apply is 4:00 p.m. on March 18, 2020. Application and full job description can be downloaded from www.ihill.org. Successful candidates will be required to pass a physical examination, drug screening and comprehensive background investigation. The City of the Village of Indian Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will receive notification of the date and time of the Written Test administration.