A Composite Technician will perform a wide variety of hands-on tasks to support a departmental composite manufacturing process, to include kitting, molding, layup, fabrication, and assembly. Is under the supervision of the Team Lead or Production Manager.
- Perform manufacturing tasks associated with kitting, grinding, sanding, bonding, molding and/or assembly with a variety of composite materials.
- Act upon and perform work from prints, charts, sketches, work orders, documents, and verbal communications.
- Basic knowledge of reading blueprints and tape measure reading (in American Standard). Follows engineering and manufacturing specifications and orders.
- Cuts parts or materials to size.
- Follows methods and sequences depending on compounds, contours, and lay-up transitions.
- Utilize a variety of hand tools, grinders, sanders, files, Dremel’s, and drills in the fabrication of composite parts.
- Operates power tools and other equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- The Composite Technician will work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards regarding personal protection equipment.
- Maintains a neat and organized workspace resulting in a shop floor free from clutter or debris.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes and LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Participates in on-the-job training to enhance skills related to job function, quality, safety, LEAN manufacturing, and other topics, as necessary.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements. Promotes and maintains a safe work environment; reinforces safety standards and sets the example for PPE, safety training and safe work practices.
Please note this job description is not intended to be a complete or exclusive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or fiberglass and airborne particles, forklift movements and overhead crane usage. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop; bend; twist on a regular basis; stand for prolonged periods of time; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus, as well as the ability to see and respond to potential worksite hazards. This position requires the ability to lift to 50 pounds.
No travel is required in this position.
Education and Experience
- A technical aptitude: the ability to read, write and perform basic math calculations; the ability to work well with others in a diverse group.
- Good communication skills, professionalism, and a positive customer service attitude without compromising quality.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce
- Able to read precision measuring tools and instruments
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment
Composite Advantage is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as the subject.