The Shepherd Color Company, West Chester, OH, US
Salary Range:$23.24 Hourly Onwards
401(K) plan – including Profit Sharing (no employee match required)
Tuition Reimbursement Plan
Health, dental, vision, group term life and disability insurance
Low, Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
Potential Annual Bonus
11 Paid holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Internal mobility and growth opportunities
The Shepherd Color Company is known as a leader in the color industry with the continuous improvement of technical applications and a history of innovation. Shepherd Color pigments are highly engineered ceramic colorants. They are impervious to sunlight, chemicals, and thermal attack. Our products can be found everywhere, from the non-stick surface of your favorite cookware to adding color and IR reflectivity to roofing and siding to help keep buildings cool.
We are a company of people who brighten the lives of those on whom our work has an impact, specifically, each other, our families, our customers, our suppliers, our shareholders, and our community. In turn, our lives are brightened.
We are seeking motivated and qualified individuals to work on the production floor taking responsibility for the operation of manufacturing equipment and performing tasks as needed under the direction a Production Supervisor. We expect all our production staff to perform work in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. This is a team focused role with the opportunity to advance based on performance.
Our Production Associates keep the manufacturing floor moving. You will be part of the team creating quality products to deliver to our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to learn how to operate various pieces of equipment and help us meet our customer requirements. Our Production Associates work 12-hour shifts, every other weekend, and some holidays. You will have the opportunity to advance roles and change shifts based on performance and business needs.
Hourly pay for Production Apprentice is $23.24 per hour. Medical benefits are available on day one of employment and Shepherd covers 95% of health care premium costs which makes your out-of-pocket premium rather low.
We are a tobacco-free environment and expect our employees to also be tobacco-free. A background check and drug/nicotine check are required for all qualified candidates.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Loading and unloading kilns
• Operating pulverizers
• Operating blenders
• Operating package equipment
• Driving lift trucks
• Completing necessary industrial reports
• Entering data into required computer programs
• Following rules and procedures
• Training others as needed
• Performing other tasks as required
• High school diploma or GED is preferred
• Demonstrated reading and writing skills are required
• Basic math skills and computer literacy is required
• Prior work experience with a good work record
• Our manufacturing environment follows the outside temperature. During the summer months, the indoor temperature may surpass 100F. In the winter, the temperature may also drop to around freezing temperatures. We provide necessary uniforms, safety glasses, gloves, jackets, etc. as needed to perform your job safely.
• Must be able to lift, bend, reach and twist with loads for long periods. Generally, lifting required will be from 15 - 55 lbs., but may infrequently exceed 100 lbs. Drums may need to be rolled, generally weighing from 100 to 350 lbs. but occasionally exceeding 400 lbs.
• Must pass vision and color/sight test
• Must possess proper hand-eye coordination.
Note: Physical, dexterity, and math assessments are required for qualified candidates.
The Shepherd Material Science Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.