The Shipping Technician performs duties that facilitate the loading of finished goods onto outbound LTL and dedicated (blanket wrap) delivery trucks, including completion of accurate paperwork for customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works at the direction of Supply Chain Manager.
- Loads trailers or straight trucks by hand and with the assistance of manual or motorized material handling equipment.
- Uses ERP System to organize shipments.
- Scans orders for the purposes of generating packing slips and BOLs to prepare orders for shipment.
- Prepares paperwork for shipment of orders, files paperwork to allow for proper invoicing.
- When required, moves orders from manufacturing assembly areas to shipping warehouse.
- Understands and maintains the daily shipping schedule.
- Understands that job requires flexible work hours.
- Responsive to production flow.
- Manages daily inbound and outbound LTL shipments.
- Calls carriers to obtain quotes and set up shipments
- Provides freight quotes as required by customer service.
- Interacts with freight companies, as required to maintain best practices.
- Accurately and reliably processes shipments for invoicing utilizing online resources
- Works Daily with customer service to resolve shipping details and provide thorough shipping information.
- Interacts with Third Party Logistics contractor in support of cost and quality initiatives.
- Assists inventory control with cycle counts and necessary adjustments to ERP system.
- Performs other duties as required by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Does all of the above in a manner that meets the company safety requirements and quality standards.
High school diploma or GED required.
Knowledge of PC and Microsoft applications.
Understands basics of company barcode scanning system.
Knowledge of 5S manufacturing a plus.
Approaches tasks with a sense of urgency.
Possess a detail-oriented work ethic.
Able to become certified to operate a forklift safely and efficiently to load trucks.
Two years’ experience as a Shipping Technician or equivalent experience.
Expert Syteline software or equivalent ERP system knowledge.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with International shipping paperwork and processes a plus.
·Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using hand manual tools, using battery operated or electrical hand tools, driving motorized forklifts, and pulling and pushing manual material handling equipment.
·Vision abilities require close vision assessments
·Required to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 50 lbs continually and up to 100 lbs occasionally.
·Required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, and sometimes crawl.
·Moderately loud noise levels in plant environment.
How to Apply