Do you strive to provide excellence in resident nursing care? Are you a team player? Do you enjoy working with a variety of people and consistently treat others with respect and compassion? Does your experience include being a LPN in a long-term care setting? If so, we’d love to talk with you!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Participate in and receive the nursing report upon arriving for duty.
- Promotes wellness philosophy in all resident interactions.
- Interpret all relevant data and documents; defines and solves problems.
- Directs day-to-day function of State Tested Nurse Aide activities.
- Admits, transfers, discharges residents as required.
- Visits residents every day to observe and evaluate resident’s physical and emotional status. Asists in monitoring higher accuity residents.
- Participates in developing and implementing resident’s plan of care and in comprehensive assessments of each resident's nursing needs.
- Maintains positive relationship with the physicians and takes verbal/written orders.
- Notifies physician and family/responsible party of a change in the resident’s condition.
- Provides direct nursing care.
- Takes vital signs etc, as ordered.
- Starts I/Vs, obtains cultures and other specimens as ordered within scope of ability.
- Documents pertinent notes regarding care and needs in resident’s record.
- Delivers and document medications in timely manner.
- Reviews MARs, TARs and other documentation for completeness of information and accuracy.
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with intra/inter departmental personnel.
- Promotes positive, calm, and effective work environment that contributes to teamwork and reduces turnover.
Related health care experience preferably in a continuing care senior living community or hospital.
Experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
Microsoft office proficiency. Electronic medical records knowledge preferred.
Demonstrates professional excellence and customer service focus.
Fluency in reading, writing and speaking the English language
How to Apply